Juventus appear to be bracing themselves for the exit of Andrea Pirlo after manager Massimiliano Allegri revealed his plans to sign a playmaker in the winter or summer transfer window.
Pirlo has been an outstanding player for Juventus since joining them a few years ago from AC Milan. He has been responsible for three successive league titles and also doing well in the Champions League. The 35 year-old, though, is coming to his last years as a professional footballer. He is widely expected to leave the club in the summer with his contract set to expire.
Even thoughPirlo continues to their regular first-team player for Juventus this season, Allegri is already looking at replacing the Italian international. Some of the players expected to join Juventus January include Barcelona defender Martin Montoya. Apart from strengthening the defence, Allegri says that the club will also be looking to sign a playmaker to take advantage of Carlos Tevez’ impressive goal scoring form. Juventus lead the table by three points going into the winter break. They have suffered just one defeat in the first half of the season. Tevez has been by far the best player in the league with five assists and 10 goals to his name so far.
“We know what we need to improve. Montoya is a good full-back but he still plays for Barcelona, and there are other players. We’ll discuss whether to sign a full-back or a central defender. A playmaker wouldn’t hurt. Problems with Pirlo? Absolutely not. I just have to handle him carefully because he’s 35 and I want him at his best for certain occasions. Juventus should make a major leap. This is especially key in Europe. Juve may be one of the strongest, as are Real Madrid, Bayern [Munich], Barcelona and Chelsea,” said Allegri.
When Antonio Conte left the managerial role of Juventus as the Italian coach decided to take charge of Italy, MassimilianoAllegri was elected as the new coach of Juventus and not all the fans of the Italian club were certain if Allegri was the appropriate man to replace Conte.
Antonio Conte guided Juventus to 3 consecutive Serie A titles before he decided to coach the Italian national football team and now MassimilianoAllegri has to follow that legacy.
So far, it has been a superb debut season of Allegri after having been in charge of Juventus during the 11 opening matches of the campaign, Juventus is located at the top of the Italian League with 28 points and As.Roma are following them closely behind with 25 points.
The most impressive performance that the players in the squad of MassimilianoAllegri have displayed occurred on November 9 a few days ago when Juventus hosted Parma at the Juventus Arena and scored 7 goals past their opponents without conceding a single goal.
Llorente, Lichtsteiner, Tevez and Morata all managed to find the back of the net in this rampaging festival of goals with Juventus claiming the overwhelming victory.
MassimilianoAllegri was pleased to see his team performing so well and the Italian manager said a few words after the conclusion of the match.
“We’ve got an excellent group of strikers, from the ‘older’ players like Tevez and Llorente, to the younger ones like Coman and Morata. We had a couple of issues in the first 15 minutes, but then we broke the deadlock and the lads read the game well. I’m very happy.” Allegri said.
As.Roma and Juventus are the favorites on winning the Serie A title of this season with only a few points being the difference and expectations are high for Allegri to claim major trophies even though it’s only his debut season as the coach of Juventus.
Italian football has been on a downward slope in the last decade. Inter Milan were the last Italian team to have lifted the Champions League and this victory came in 2010. It certainly feels a long time ago considering that the club have now failed to qualify for this European competition. The Champions League used to be dominated by the Italians during the 1990s, but an era of non-development from the youngsters appears to have cost the nation as a whole. It is only now in recent years that Italy have been able to celebrate young and upcoming talented players.
The rise of the Premier League and the Spanish la Liga in the last two decades also appears to have contributed to the demise of the Italian Serie A, which is no longer considered as one of the top three in European leagues. Juventus manager Massimiliano Allegri, however, said that this was not the case and that Italian football continues to hold a key attraction amongst players. Some of the big names currently playing their trade in the Italian league include the likes of Carlos Tevez and Fernando Torres. Amongst the names, Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba is a player of noteworthy mention. The French midfielder is rated in excess of £ 50 million even at just 21 years of age.
“In Italy, they always show you the less good things. Everybody says: ‘Italian football is rubbish’, but nobody does anything about the good stuff. Everyone says: ‘Italian referees are the worst’. Then we have them officiating the World Cup final. Italian teams concede questionable penalties abroad and stay calm. What does harm to Italian football is that everyone talks about incidents and not the game. The game itself was good, intense, great to watch,” said the former AC Milan manager.
After numerous rumours linking him with a return to the Premier League or even joining Spanish giants Real Madrid in the summer, Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba says that he is set to undergo contract talks with his club. This will be good news for the Italian outfit, who have been starved of great talent in recent years. Even though they have Andrea Pirlo and Vidal in their ranks, Pogba is seen as the biggest asset for the club. The French international has been linked with a £ 60 million move to the Premier League with Chelsea and Manchester United interested in him.
This would represent a huge profit on a player, who was signed on a free transfer from Manchester United as a teenager. This meant that Juventus were able to enjoy his services by paying only a small transfer compensation according to the rules of FIFA. The fact that it has only two years left on his current contract raised the possibility of an exit from Turin, but the 21-year-old has confirmed that talks about extending his stay at Juventus have begun. It is expected that Pogba will become one of the highest earning players in the squad following a new deal.
Last season, he made 51 appearances in all competitions and scored nine goals for Juventus. “We are in negotiations for a contract renewal with Juventus. I will soon have a meeting with the board of directors. I have the arrogance of a born winner,” said Pogba. It is expected that Pogba will sign a new five-year contract that will take him until 2019. This would effectively end any interest from the likes of Paris St Germain and Chelsea. Capable of playing as a defensive midfielder or as a box-to-box star, Pogba is someone who excels in the midfield.
Antonio Conte oversaw Juventus to their 4th consecutive Serie A title but after winning the Italian league silverware, he decided to make his way out of Juventus with rumors consistently being sparked stating that Conte is going to be the next coach of the Italian national football team and that was why he step down from his managerial duties at the club.
Former Ac.Milan coach Massimiliano Allegri was the man selected to continue adding more titles in the closet of Juventus as he will be replacing Antonio Conte after signing a 2 year deal worth €2.5 million a season.
Allegri went through a rollercoaster ride as the coach of Ac.Milan some years ago as he handled the team superbly well which helped Ac.Milan on lifting the Serie A title in 2010 but after that season, everything went downhill for the Italian manager after a number of negative results ultimately concluded with him being removed from his position in the club and replaced by Clarence Seedorf.
One of the first things that Massimiliano Allegri has already admitted that he wants to do is reinforce the squad of Juventus by bringing in another defender and striker and recently there have been reports involving Zlatan Ibrahimovic making his return to Juventus but that will not be happening anytime soon as the Swedish player a few more years left on his contract with PSG and Allegri does not have a big enough budget that could allow him to re-sign Zlatan.
“If we sign another defender and another striker then we’re in good shape. I would prefer a striker first, though. The team’s working well and it’s not easy to improve an already strong group of players, though.” The recently assigned coach of Juventus, Massimiliano Allegri said.
Juventus have been left stunned by the decision of coach Antonio Conte to quit the club after four years in charge of the Italian champions. Juventus have once again been made as one of the successful club in Italy by the shrewd management of Conte. He took over when the club were in the second division of Italian football after being relegated because of the match fixing scandal. Since then, he has not only achieved promotion back to the Italian top-flight, but Juventus have also won the Italian Serie A title on three consecutive occasions.
Despite this, Conte has been unable to take Juventus close to the Champions League title. The club last won this title back in 1996 and they are now closer to winning it right now. There was speculation about his future towards the end of last season, but it was looking like he would stay for another year at Turin. After just one day of pre-season, Conte has left Juventus looking for new manager after deciding to step down under mutual consent. Juventus chairman Andrea Agnelli spoke about the disappointment of losing a top manager like Conte, but he wished the 44-year-old good luck in the future.
It is rumoured that Conte could become the manager of the Italian national team, which recently lost Cesare Prandelli. “It may be more difficult to keep winning with Juventus. I have matured with time and my feelings led me to make this choice,” said Conte in a statement after announcing his exit from Juventus. Conte may not be the only high-profile exit from the Italian club, as it is expected that midfielder Vidal could also be set to leave the club. The Chilean midfielder has been linked with Manchester United in the last few weeks and he is worth around £ 35 million.
Paris St Germain midfielder Marco Verratti has stated that he can work alongside Andrea Pirlo in the Italian national team after being drafted in at the last moment following an injury to AC Milan midfielder Ricardo Montolivo. Montolivo and Pirlo were expected to start the midfield, but this injury has forced manager Cesare Prandelli look at other options. After an impressive campaign with Paris St Germain, Verratti is one of the first names to have joined the 23 man squad for the World Cup. He needs to be at his best in order to help the national team overcome a very disappointing form in recent weeks.
The pretournament friendly matches have not gone according to plan and Italy are expected to struggle in the World Cup. The national team will be coming up against England and Uruguay along with Costa Rica in the group stages. Verratti, though, has been inconsistent with PSG this season. Even though he helped the team win the French league title, his poor performances in the Champions League quarter-final against Chelsea have not gone unnoticed. Verratti was frequently caught in possession, which led to Chelsea going through to the semi-finals at the expense of PSG.
The young midfielder, though, is confident that the hugely experienced Pirlo will help him.
“There isn’t a midfield role I prefer, for three years now I have had several tasks and positions. I still believe that playing alongside Pirlo is possible, it is impossible for others as they aren’t comfortable with a player like Andrea. I was called into the 30-man team and the priority for me was to give my best so as to be in the list of 23. I gave my best, but of course I feel sorry for those who didn’t make it. Football is all about choices, and you just have to respect them,” said Verratti.
Juventus manager Antonio Conte has revealed that the club should consider spending a lot of money in order to become a top club in Europe once again. Conte has been receiving a lot of plaudits after he guided Juventus to the third straight Italian league title. However, they have not been doing well in Europe during this period. In his first season of winning the league, the club reached the quarter-finals of the Champions League. Last season, they were knocked out at this stage. This year, however, has been the major disappointment after they failed to reach the knockout stages.
Even though the club reached the semifinals of the Europa league where they were ultimately knocked out by Benfica, this is not seen as a great performance by the team. Conte has been only a limited amount of money during this period with signings like Carlos Tevez being brought to the club for around £ 10 million. This is in sharp contrast to the signings made by the likes of Real Madrid, who spend more amount of money on Cristiano Ronaldo’s wages alone. Conte has said that they have a limited budget and this allows him to take the team only so far.
He says that the club must spend a lot of money in the summer to become a European force once again.
“When you have 10 euros (Dh51) in your pocket you can’t eat in a restaurant where the meal will cost you 100. It’s been three successful but stressful years and now people expect us to automatically win in Europe, but it’s never quite so easy. I will be sitting down to talk to the club,” said Conte after leading the club to the 30th league title in their history. The 44-year-old is widely regarded as one of the best young managers the world.
The 2-0 shock defeat at the hands of Napoli has once again opened the possibility of the likes of Rome and Napoli catching Juventus at the top of the table.
Apart from bringing an end to the 22 match unbeaten run for Antonio Conte’s men, this defeat has once again reinvigorated the Italian Serie A. Ahead of the match with Livorno during the weekend, Conte accepted that the title race was anything but over. He says that there is every chance that the likes of Roma and Napoli could catch them in the remaining weeks of the campaign.
Hence, he has urged the Juventus players to be at their very best against the league strugglers. Juventus also have a match against Lyon in the Europa league midweek action to worry about, while the likes of Roma are free from such distractions. The two teams are separated by only eight points with six matches left. Between now and the end of the season, Juventus have tough matches against the likes of Bologna and Udinese. The 44-year-old manager also says that they cannot afford to take the foot off the gas in the Europa league as well.
Juventus managed a 1-0 away victory against the French club in the first leg. They are the favourites to win the Europa league this season.
“It is absolutely not over. This has been a fascinating season with two teams breaking records and doing extraordinary things. People should give credit to Juventus and Roma, but there are six games to go and you all know what I think about it. Nothing has been concluded and we must keep going like this. We cannot take our foot off the gas, as in three days we play again and we want to get into the semi-finals,” said the Juventus manager.
Juventus’ reward for beating Trabzonspor in the last 16 round of the Europa league is a match against Italian club Fiorentina. Both Fiorentina and Juventus know each other extremely well and this has prompted manager Antonio Conte to say that his players should be wary of the threat posed by Vincenzo Montella’s men.
Juventus are likely to shift their attention towards winning the Europa league this campaign. The club have almost sealed the league title after extending the lead to 14 points following a run of several consecutive victories.
Since suffering the 1-0 defeat against Roma in the Coppa Italia back in January, Juventus have been undefeated in all competitions. They played Fiorentina as early as last weekend and came away with a 1-0 win. Asamoah scored the only goal of the game in the 42nd minute. There was little to separate the two teams, which is the reason for Conte saying that his players should be wary of the threat.
Unlike Juventus, Fiorentina will also have one eye on the top three places. They are currently fourth in the table with 10 points separating them from third placed Napoli.
Unlike Juventus, Fiorentina come into the match without a win in the last four matches. They are likely to look more into regaining the form than winning this encounter.
“We’ll be up against a fierce Fiorentina side who will want to go through. Their domestic situation means they’ll be focusing all their efforts exclusively on these two games. We, on the other hand, are gunning for a great target in what would be the club’s third consecutive Scudetto. But we’re also aiming to continue our journey in Europe. The Europa League is a wonderful competition and, although it won’t be easy, going all the way would be very important for our development as a group,” said Conte.